- rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- chopped cucumber
- chopped fresh cilantro
- alfalfa sprouts
- shredded lettuce
- sesame seeds
- shredded cabbage
- mung bean vermicelli (ingredients below)
- mung bean vermicelli
- chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- yellow onion
- 1 tsp organic coconut palm sugar in 2 tbs warm water
- 4 tsp Ojio organic soy sauce alternative (made from coconuts)
- dash of salt
- ginger dressing (optional dipping sauce for spring rolls)
- Heat vermicelli and turn off before it boils...just long enough for it to soften, then rinse briefly with cold water.
- Heat the Ghee and add the black mustard seeds. Cook for a minute and then add the onion. Cook for a few minutes, then add the cabbage. Cook for a few minutes, then add in the noodles, sprinkle a little bit of salt, soy alternative, and 1 tsp of garlic chili sauce. and mix in. Then dilute one tsp of coconut palm sugar in about 2bts of water and add to noodles. Mix and turn off heat. I transferred it to a bowl right away so it stops cooking and cools a little bit.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a second or two to soften. Lay wrapper flat on plate. In a row across the center add desired ingredients, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce.
- In a small bowl pour the sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
chop up ingredients
Place mung bean vermicelli in water and heat
Turn off before it gets to a boil, just keep checking to see when it's soft
Drain and rinse with cold water
Heat Ghee and add black mustard seeds (I like to grind mine with a pestle)
Add onion and let saute for a couple minutes
Add finely shredded cabbage
Mix in several spaces of alternative soy sauce, a sprinkle of salt, 1tsp chili garlic sauce and mix until all ingredients are evenly sauced up
dissolve 1tsp in about 2 tbs of warm water
Placed in ceramic bowl to use for filling (remaining filling makes for a delicious meal of its own with a squirt of sriracha sauce:)
Handle rice wrap carefully not to break and dip in hot water, just long enough to soften
Stuff at preference...mine included lettuce, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, cilantro, sesame seeds and cooked vermicelli noodles
Roll up and enjoy!
Dip in sauce of preference...here I ate it with the ginger dressing I made recently
my nieces' order...avocado, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, and sesame seeds
my mother's order...lettuce, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, cilantro, sesame seeds, cooked vermicelli noodles, avocado and some Greek garlic gyro sauce (Shawarma's sauce)