Thursday, July 17, 2014

8 Amazing Vegan Blogs

8 Best Vegan Blogs: Healthy Vegan Recipes
Even if you are not a vegan, hopefully you’ll still find some tasty and healthy recipes on these vegan blogs.  Vegan recipes tend to include a lot of vegetables and fruit so it’s good to include some vegan meals as part of your weekly menu every week.  I also find vegan recipes delicious as herbs and spices are usually used very well to season the dishes.
Here are some of my best vegan blogs.  Check them out.  I hope you love them as much as I do!

1: Good Girl Gone Green

GoodGirlGoneGreen.com

Cauliflower Hemp Soup from Good Girl Gone GreenStephanie from Good Girl Gone Green 
I found and loved Good Girl Gone Green a long time ago and adore her mixture of delicious vegan recipes and green living articles.  Everything she posts just looks amazing and I want to try it all.  I especially love her Cauliflower Leek Soup (pictured), almond pulp bars, Chocolate Mint Cookies, Raw Vegan Vanilla Cashew Cream, Vegan Mayonnaise, Chia Paste which is a great egg substitution, Raw Vegan Chocolate Tarts, and Chocolate Coconut Bar.
She has so many gorgeous recipes on her blog.  Check them out now.

 2: Veggie Nook

VeggieNook.com

Veggie Nook Key Lime PieGabby from the Veggie Nook 
Gabby at the Veggie Nook is a fairly new but understandably popular blogger.  As soon as I discovered her blog I was absolutely hooked.  She has a captivating voice and addictive yet healthy recipes.  She shares healthy vegan and gluten free recipes and has a passion for raw food such as the Healthy Key Lime Pie pictured above.
I personally have made the following recipes from Veggie Nook.  The chocolate cherry almond granolaclassic tofu scrambleoatmeal raisin cookie green smoothieavocado, & jalapeno potato saladraw coconut avocado fries with raw sweet chilli sauceavocado “everything” saucesundried tomato and lemon hummuslemon coconut hemp seed bites and they have all been absolutely delicious and worked extremely well.  Some I have made several times as they have become family favourites.
Check out her recipe page now.  Just looking at this list of recipes makes me want to run into the kitchen and whip up some more of her marvelous creations now.

3: Carrie On Vegan

CarrieOnVegan.com


Carrie on vegan sour cream onion kale chipscarrie from Carrie on Vegan 
What I love about Carrie’s blog is it’s totally focused on being a healthy vegan, which is what I’m passionate about, getting and staying healthy.  Carrie from Carrie On Vegan, follows Joel Fuhrman’s Eat To Live plan which focuses on getting the most nutritious meals that also taste amazing.  You can’t get better than that!
Carrie shares recipes such as Sweet Cherry Ice Cream.  This was so good  me and my baby ate this for dinner one day, but it’s healthy enough to be able to do that!  I love the idea of these Spinach & Black Bean Brownies.  Sneak your greens in where you least expect them!  If you haven’t tried kale chips yet, you’ve really got to try these Sour Cream & Onion Kale Chips.  Who would have thought something so healthy could be so gorgeous.  Have a look at her recipes.  You’ll be spoiled for choice.

4: Chef Amber Shea

www.ChefAmberShea.com


Almost Vegan Raw Vegan BlondiesAmber Shea


I actually bought Amber Shea’s book, Practically Raw before finding her blog Chef Amber Shea.  She has an amazing story and is a classically trained chef.   Amber is famous for her Raw Vegan Blondies as pictured above.  This is fast healthy food at it’s best.

Amber has loads of amazing recipes on her blog such as the Black-Eyed Pea Quinoa PizzaAlmond Pear Tartlets with Cinnamon-Caramel Creamand the Citrusy Sweet Potato-Carrot Soup.
I have to say, of the recipes I’ve made from her recipe book, I’ve returned to make them numerous times as they’ve been so delicious.
Her blog has a massive following and it’s easy to see why.

 5: Oh She Glows

OhSheGlows.com

Vegan-No-Bake-Peppermint-Patty-Bars- Oh She Glowsangela_Oh She Glows 
Angela has an amazing blog, Oh She Glows.   She has stunning photography, moreish vegan recipes and a great writing style.  No wonder she’s working on a recipe book.
I often look to Angela’s website for inspiration when I’m in need of a certain type of recipe and she delivers every time.  Angela made the Classic Green Monster famous as well as her Vegan Overnight Oats.  I’ve loved all the recipes I’ve tried from Oh She Glows including the Crazy Woman Chocolate Blender PuddingFlu Buster Creamy Clementine SmoothieMy all time favourite hummus recipePeanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Cookie Dough Balls and Portable Baked Oatmeal.
Whenever I visit her blog, I can lose a long time browsing her archives.  Oh She Glows is popular for a reason.

 6 Fat Free Vegan Kitchen

Blog.FatFreeVegan.com

Layered Salad with Black Beans and Mango-Cucumber Salsa Fat Free Vegan KitchenSusan Fat FRee Vegan Kitchen 
I absolutely love Susan’s Fat Free Vegan Kitchen Blog.  There are so many gorgeous looking recipes on this website with stunning photos.  The best thing about the recipes is that they all use whole foods with no added oil which fits completely with my philosophy of healthy eating.  It’s hard to know where to start, but as a fan of quick, easy and healthy meals, I love her ridiculously easy recipes which include the stunning Layered Salad with Black Beans and Mango-Cucumber SalsaVegetable GumboCherry-Chocolate Mousse Pie and the Ridiculously Easy Pineapple Sorbet
Just looking at her photos is making me seriously drool.

 7: Happy Herbivore

HappyHerbivore.com

Carrot Cake Cupcakes HappyHerbivorelindsay Happy Herbivore 
I’ve only recently discovered Lindsay’s Happy Herbivore blog but already I’m in love with her healthy approach to her recipes.  She doesn’t include any added fats in her recipes and uses mostly whole foods with no refined ingredients.  She is the author of several recipe books which include The popular Happy Herbivore Cookbook.   All her recipes can be made from scratch very quickly and easily which I love.
The delicious recipes on her website include Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Lasagna RollsLow Fat Pumpkin Bean BarsQuiche with Greens

8: Vegan Yack Attack

VeganYackAttack.com


Golabkis Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Vegan Yack AttackJackie Vegan Yack Attack 
Jackie from Vegan Yack Attack has a great selection of recipes on her blog.  There really is something for everyone here and her photos are stunning.
If this blog doesn’t make you crave some vegan food I don’t know what will.