Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garden update 6/15/13

 6/15/13 - All my tomatoes...after planting the first 13, I planted 4 more after getting more tomato cages for a total of 17 tomatoes. I love the cages I get...they're 47" tall, triangle, and they fold up nice and flat...from Lowes for $6.47. 
They're super versatile...I place them in a zig zag pattern for my cucumbers. 
  6/15/13 - The leaves to the new pepper plant I planted seems to discoloring...I wonder why...
 6/15/13 - I see my cucumber leaves are turning white already:( I recall them doing that last year, but once they were pretty well grown up the cages.  From my research it could be the damp cool weather that's causing this...I hope it warms up!
 6/15/13 - My Michihili cabbage seems to be bolting super early this year...so I decited to trim off the flowers and let it stay in the garden a little longer.
 6/15/13 - The Bok Choy as well...I wanted to harvest a couple of each...but the moment I got to the garden it down poured on me, and had to head out...well I didn't want a wasted trip, so I did harvest some lettuce...in the rain:p But so well worth it!
 6/15/13 - Trimmed Michihili cabbage
 6/15/13 - Trimmed Bok Choy
  6/15/13 - Lettuce is still growing amazingly, so delicious!
 6/15/13 - 2nd harvest of lettuce