Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cocoa with date sugar

I've upgraded my cocoa yet again, a notch higher in the healthy category by substituting the coconut palm sugar with date sugar (which is basically dried ground up dates). It's delicious!



Ingredients

  • 1 mug of unsweetened Almond milk
  • 2 tsps date sugar
  • 1 heap tsp raw cacao powder
  • 1 tsp maca poweder
  • 1/4 tsp betaine (from sugar beets)
  • 3 drops Loving Energy
  • 1/2 tsp Ho Shu Wu 
  • 1/4 tsp Cordyceps (not included but usually add this) 

Recipe

Heat up the almond milk on the stove on high heat. After slightly warm, I sift in the cocoa powder, maca powder, ho shou wu, and add the date sugar. I then whisk it until optimally dissolved, not letting it reach a boil.  I turn off the stove, strain out whatever ho shou wu & cocoa doesn't dissolve. Strain it again back into the pan on high heat to warm it back up.  When it's hot enough, pour into mug, and add 3 drops of Loving Energy...which is an amazing tonic blend of herbs.  Delicious! Date sugar isn't as sweet as other alternatives, so add according to taste...2 tsps were enough for me, the maca and cocoa along with the ho shou wu add so much flavor for me that I don't need much to sweeten it up.