Friday, May 31, 2013

Garden update 5/29/13

My garden isn't doing as well as I'd hoped:( I hadn't been by it for almost a week because it's been raining nonstop so I figured they were doing great...however I didn't let them get used to the outside by taking them outside a few hours a day for about a week before transplant...and some plain shrivled and died:( Like my 4 Zucchini, which I thought would be too many! but now there are none...aww
 Lettuces...some didn't make it
 chamomile seeds from last year coming up nicely
 about half the spinach in this row are coming up
 a majority of these spinach plants are coming up
 my poor poor zucchinis that didn't make it...they totally dried up! Regardless of the constant non-stop rain
 the Michihili cabbage are doing great!
 As are the bok choi...doing very well...better than last year because I covered them...last year they got eaten up when small, but still did great!
 The collard greens seem to be doing ok
 The Red Russian kale are doing ok too, at least this one....the other kales not so much:(
 The first row...with the michihili cabbage and bok choi and collard greens...this row is doing well
The others...not so much...but still will have a great season!