Sunday, August 26, 2012

Garden Harvest 8/26

 8/25/2012 - Harvest - Collard greens, Red Russian kale, Curled Scotch kale, 5 Marketmore cucumbers (total 70 harvested this season), chocolate cherry tomatoes, 4 Cherokee Purple tomatoes, 1 over sized Black beauty zucchini (hasn't visited my garden in a few days because of rain...guess it's baking time), purple beans.  
 8/25/2012 - Cherokee purple tomato was huge and very juicy! On the left is a chocolate cherry tomato...the coloring is identical...dark top light bottom.
 8/25/2012 - it weighed in at 1 lb exactly! Don't worry I sanitized the scale and placed it on a piece of paper towel:p It was my most accurate scale.
  8/25/2012 - The under side is a light pinkish red color
 8/25/2012 - And the top part is a greenish star-like glow down the tomato...much like the chocolate cherry tomatoes, which look identical...apart from size lol. 
  8/25/2012 - Kohlrabi...it started to grow long instead of rounder so I figured I better harvest it!  I hope it isn't too woodie.
  8/25/2012 - Not visiting my garden in several days this black beauty zucchini got alittle too massive for cooking...but will make amazing zucchini bread or cupcakes ^_^
8/25/2012 -my tomato harvest:)