Monday, July 23, 2012

Garden Update & Harvest 7/22

 7/22/2012 - Moon and Star watermelon growing well...the pretty stars are more vibrant...next time I will bring a tape measure to track its progress...there are about 3 other large ones on their way too:)
7/20/2012 - I have found several watermelon starting...the problem? a few of them up up the fence! This one is about 4 feet high, and very tightly intertwined up the fence
7/20/2012 -  my 2 watermelon plants from a different angle...from the other side of the fence (taken from out of my garden)
7/20/2012 - Chocolate cherry tomato plant already taller than the tomato cage and branching out very widely!
7/20/2012 - A few "not so good" things I noticed in my garden today...this is the cucumber plant that is quite spotty...however it has in no way hindered production overall! So far I have harvested 30 cucumbers and several more ready to be picked tomorrow
7/20/2012 - Secondly is my zucchini plant...their leaves are turning white. Not really sure why, but I chopped them off...many healthy leaves yet
7/20/2012 - Like the cucumber, production hasn't been affected in this zucchini plant:)
7/20/2012 -  Harvest - 1 black beauty zucchini, 7 cucumber, Curled Scotch kale, Dino kale, Red Russian kale and Swiss Chard
7/20/2012 - This is what happens when I don't visit my garden daily! It rained for 2 days so I didn't need to water my garden and didn't check on it. Guess I'll be making some zucchini bread!