Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Garden harvest & update

7/15/2012 - I'm happy to see my calendula flowers surviving under my Moon and Star watermelon plants, which have completely covered them, and bound them with their tendrils
7/15/2012 -  And I was super excited to see my first tomato sightings...not sure which variety this one was from
7/15/2012 -  But this is the chocolate cherry tomato...there are several starting in several of my cherry tomato plants!
 7/15/2012 -The Chamomile bloomed beautifully
 7/15/2012 -My newly tomatillo plant on the other hand looked very sad the day after transplant...in fact I didn't have the stakes next to it for support at the time the plant was given to me, so the plant completely bend...I hope it perks up! I'm sure it will:) Unfortunately it was planted in a paint can, so removal was impossible without losing half the roots!
 7/15/2012 -this is the only other Calendua flower in bloom apart from the one in the watermelon row...the 2 flower plans next to this one are just small greenery. The heat has been brutal...so I think the watermelon shade and moisture retention actually helped my calendula there
 7/15/2012 - The purple Kohlrabi is starting to form its bulb now ^_^
7/15/2012 -  I notice a little bit of spotting on some of my cucumber leaves...but it hasn't affected production whatsoever! So far I've harvested well over 17 cucumbers so far
7/15/2012 -  there are carrots growing somewhere at the base of the cucumbers...hidden
 7/15/2012 - There are bees everywhere polinating my garden ^_^ This one is in my Moon and Star watermelon plants...so far I have 3 big sized ones on their way and 4 small ones ranging from golf ball to softball size
7/15/2012 - Harvest - 1 zucchini
 7/15/2012 -10 Curled Scotch kale, 10 Red Russian kale, 4 Collard Greens, 6 Five color rainbow Swiss Chard, 2 Marketmore 76 cucumber and one Black Beauty zucchini
7/17/2012 - Harvest - 2 Marketmore 76 cucumbers