Friday, July 20, 2012

Garden update & harvest 7/19

 7/19/2012 - Garden update left 2 rows
7/19/2012 - Garden update right 2 rows. In the empty space used to be the huge Michihili cabbages....i accidentally replanted some Dino kale seeds there...because on the package for some reason there is a picture of a cabbage! oh well...i love kale...but have so much dino kale!
 7/19/2012 - my Chamomile makes me so happy^_^ I should really harvest some and learn how to make it into tea
 7/19/2012 - My tomatillo plant is looking alive again! I'm surprised, because it bent and almost snapped all the branches off the day after transplant
 7/19/2012 - Tomato plants getting huge...the pepper in the far off spot however is tiny compared to the rest! I think it's depleted of nutrients maybe because I put a lot more azomite where I was planting the tomatoes, and that one pepper plant went where the radishes grew.
 7/19/2012 - more tomatoes popping up on other plants:)
 7/19/2012 - This pepper plant is doing wonderful though and has blessed me with my first pepper, yay!
 7/19/2012 - Spotted yet Another watermelon starting to grow!
 7/19/2012 - Another Moon and Star watermelon starting to grow...the problem? It's about 3.5 feet off the ground! The vine climbed up the fence because it needed so much more room...now it's way up there, no way a 15-20 lb fruit will hang...if it grows I might need to get creative.
7/19/2012 - Look at my monster Black Beauty zucchini...it really does remind me of a monster lol...but is so good to me with giving me lots of yummy zucchinis ^_^ Although squash bugs have kept me on my toes!
7/19/2012 - My zucchini from the other side...you can see some zucchini in there...one of which I harvested today
 7/19/2012 - As plentiful as my 2 zucchini plants have been with fruit, this one is a casualty! 1st I've noticed. However bugs have gotten to the lower stem of one of the plants that is producing waay less. I believe the squash bugs are accountable...i plucked this off and on it I saw what looked like a squash but but smaller and white...i think a baby one! Saw another one that was too fast for me...they sure dodge you when you try get them, it's almost like playing tag...they don't run away right away though just keep dodging you!
7/19/2012 - 10 Dino kale, 18 Red Russian kale, 13 Curled Scotch kale, 5 Swiss Chard, 6 Marketmore 76 cucumber and 1 Black Beauty zucchini.