Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What I Ate Today 2/13/2012

Random Share Day
What I ate today + workout times
A typical day of meals, snacks, drinks and workouts
Drink
5:45am ~Glass of warm water with juice of 1/2 organic lemon
(as soon as I woke up)
Breakfast
8:00am ~Green Smoothie (makes 12 oz)- 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 frozen organic banana, 1/2 tsp chlorella (has the highest chlorophyll content of all known plants...detoxifier), 1/2 tsp spirulina contains more bio-chelated organic iron than any other whole-food...nutritional), 1 tsp of freshly ground flax seeds, 1 serving True Whey vanilla protein powder,  ¼ tsp pure resveratrol powder, 1tsp MSM, 1 tsp Maca powder, 1/2 tsp deer antler velvet, 1 tsp goji berry powder, 1/2 tsp wheatgraa powder, 1/2 tsp pumpkin seed powder, 5 drops Fulvic acid, 10 drops grapefruit seed extract and enough water to allow it to blend together.
A powerhouse start to the day...and delicious too:)
~Juice of 1 orange
~ Cod Liver oil, digestive enzyme and
probiotic

~(vitamin supplements)




9:00am ~Green mint tea 

Drink
10:30am ~ Hot cocoa with Ho Shou Wu (herb-a general tonic for the liver and kidney)- I/2 tsp Ho Shu Wu, 1tsp cacao powder, half a mug of unsweetened Vanilla almond milk, half a mug of filtered water.
 
Snack
11:30am - Raw sweet potato chips with cinnamon (click here for recipe blog) Ate while making the kale chips.
Task
For 8hrs
~ Dehydrated some raw bbq kale (tomorrow's snack). Look for the recipe in tomorrow's blog. Put in Dehydraw to at 1pm and took them out at 9pm. They turned out amazing!

Lunch
12:30pm ~Kale, Broccoli and Quinoa with 1 boiled egg
 I used the kale pieces that weren't big enough for kale chips and used all the stems for my cooked meal...as the stems aren't very palatable raw.  I lightly steamed the kale on low heat until the steams were easy enough to eat. The flavoring was from some left over Chinese food (Broccoli in garlic sauce...which was a very delicious sweet sause with a little bit of a chili kick to it). I cooked the 1/2 cup of quinoa separately and stirred it in at the end when it was ready to serve.
 Every since I started eating cooked foods again, and brought back eggs into my diet I've been addicted to organic boiled eggs! So I sometimes include them as my protein. Just lightly sprinkled with garlic powder, onion powder, Himalayan salt and pepper. I boil the egg to keep the yoke as soft as possible for optimal nutrition.
My lunch kinda looked like a Sesame street character:p

Drink
1:15pm ~ herbal tea in teapot- I tsp yerba Mate loose tea leaves, 1tsp Chanca Piedra, 1 tsp hibiscus flowers, 1/2 tsp organic ginger powder (to have small cups of it throughout the rest of the day. Great way to stay warm, get your daily water intake with herbal benefits!
 
Workout~ 5:30pm-6:00pm
10 minutes on the re-bounder (little trampoline...warm up body), 20 minute interval running on the elliptic machine (30 seconds run fast, 90 seconds recover jog...repeat 8 times).

Snack
7:00pm ~ 1 apple


Drink
7:15pm ~ herbal tea from teapot

Dinner
8:00pm ~Raw chia meal (One of my favorite meals). Don't really know what to call it. I called it a chia breakfast, but I have it at any meal. I call it chia cereal, but it's not really a cereal, or chia dessert, but I have it for the main course, so "Chia meal" will have to do. 
I need to prepare it about and hr before I want to eat. I like to chill it in the freezer during that time, it becomes like ice-cream for dinner!

2 tbs of chia, about 2 1/2 cups almond milk, 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder, 1 tsp mesquite powder, dash of cinnamon, 1 banana, 5 prunes (cut in small pieces) Raisins or dates could work too, small handful of mixed nuts, chopped (almonds, pecans & walnuts). (Click here for Recipe Blog)
Drink
9:30pm ~Sleepy Tea


“Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.”  ~B.K.S. Iyengar