Saturday, February 25, 2012

1 minute Flax Muffin

Energy Boosting Sugar-Free Flax Muffin
With all healthy ingredients, no sugar, no gluten, no dairy, this is an amazing muffin! Takes 2 minutes flat to make.  I pretty much never use the microwave anymore...but I made an exception to try this quick dish.

Fitness expert Jorge Cruise makes it on the Dr. Oz show- video clip - http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/5-minute-energy-boosters-pt-1

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of freshly ground flax seeds (200 calories)
1 organic egg (60 calories)
1 tsp coconut oil (40 calories)
2 tsp cinnamon (12 calories)
1 tsp baking powder (0 calories)
1 packet of stevia (more for a sweeter muffin) (0 calories)

Total- 312 calories of energy

Recipe:
Grind the 1/4 cup of flax seeds. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, egg, coconut oil and stevia, then stir until all mixed.  Place in the microwave on high for 55 seconds, and your muffin is ready! I added some strawberry preserves for a succulent treat, but without it there is no sugar in this muffin! It's given me lots of ideas for future microwave muffins.

 All 6 Ingredients - flax seeds, coconut oil, 1 egg, cinnamon, stevia and baking powder)
Mix all Ingredients in microwavable Mug
 Thanks to my dome shaped mug...here is my 55 second dome shaped muffin!
I added some strawberry preserves to make it a sweet treat...and it gave me lots of ideas for my next muffin that will include dairy free chocolate sauce made with coconut oil and cocoa.