Saturday, September 10, 2011

un-Cheesy Spicy Kale Chips

Raw un-Cheesy Kale Chips

This is one of my favorite snacks! Kale chips that is...It is the 4th flavor I have made, and they have all been delicious! I haven't had a chance to make them fully raw because I don't have a dehydrator yet, but it's on its way. I have substituted by making it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

un-Cheesy Kale chips Ingredients 
  • 1 bunch of Kale (I used half a bunch, and half the sauce)
  • squeezes of fresh lemon
  • dashes of Himalayan salt
  • 1 cup raw soaked cashews
  • 3/4 Red bell pepper
  • 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast (NOT Brewer's yeast)
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • cayenne powder
  • almond milk as needed
  • blender



un-Cheesy Kale chips Recipe
  • Remove stem from Kale and tear to chip size pieces
  • Add the salt, lemon and olive oil to Kale and massage in
  • Put the rest of the ingredients into blender until smooth and creamy
  • Add almond milk tablespoon at a time until blends creamy
  • Add cayenne to taste 
  • Mix in sauce with Kale until coated well.  Then place on cookie sheet, or dehydrator tray. Bake for 15 minutes...at this point they will be light, crispy and Delicious! In dehydrator set for 105 degrees overnight or at least 8hrs, then from there keep checking to desired crispiness. I love to have some chewy:)
I used half the sauce for the Kale, and chopped up a zucchini to use the rest. 

I coated the zucchini with a dash of olive oil, and added more cayenne and onion powder...then baked for 15 minutes. They were out of this world delicious! They did not dry up all the way into a chip, but were slightly warm and very tasty. I didn't want to cook them much, so ate them as is...Tasted cheesy...without having any cheese!...vegan meal:) I loved the spiciness of the cayenne too! I literally ate half the amount right off the pan.