View my items for sale here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnitasCraftShop
My 3rd blanket. Like the last one I did I used two solid colors to made a zig sag pattern.
Total time of stitching = 16 hours and 30 minutes
Measurements 62” x 55” (59 rows & 100 chains)
Cost $40 (white $23 & blue $17)
· Bernat Blanket Yarn Baby Blue and Vintage White
Notes - If changing the size of the pattern, the stitch multiples are in sets of 2. If changing the size, it will alter the amount of yarn needed for your project. Every 2 stitches = 1 inch.
· Using Bernat Blanket Black, chain 100. DC twice in 4th chain from hook. *skip 1 stitch, 2 dc into next stitch (this forms a group of 2). Repeat * until end. 1 dc in the final chain. Fasten off and turn.
· Fasten on Vintage White on first dc. Ch 3, skip the next dc and dc twice into the space between the next group of 2. See picture for clarification. * Dc twice in each space between the groups of 2 from the row below. Repeat * until the end. 1 dc in the final stitch. Fasten off and turn. By going between the groups of 2, it causes the stitches to have a zig zag appearance.
· Fasten on Black on first dc. Repeat Step 2.
· Continue to repeat Steps 2 – 3 until your afghan is 36″ long. You will run out of yarn by the end.