- 1 Love mug of hot Almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon raw honey
- ginger powder (or fresh...press the juice in a garlic press)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Betaine (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption, optional)
- Ceramic spoon to stir drink (I like to omit metal from my healthy concoctions^_^)
- In a small sauce pan heat almond milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Pour almond milk into mug, then add 1/4 tsp of turmeric, 1/2-1 tsp of raw honey, ginger and cinnamon, then stir until all is dissolved.
- Option: Add drops of other beneficial tinctures
- Stir well and drink immediately
Turmeric Tea - Golden milkTurmeric Tea or Golden Milk is a great way to get the benefits of Turmeric daily. I love drinking this before bed as it aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while sleeping.
The Benefits of TurmericTurmeric is especially known for its benefits to digestion, immune function, liver health and even protection from cancer.
Curcumin (turmeric) may stop the action of a liver enzyme that activates environmental toxins into carcinogenic forms, and may be especially useful in deactivating the carcinogens in cigarette smoke and chewing tobacco. Turmeric in the diet increases the production of enzymes that digest fats and sugars, and stop cholesterol from forming gallstones. Turmeric prevents the release of histamine in the stomach, quelling nervous stomach and counteracting food allergies and it fights gum inflammation by halting the action of a gene that creates irritant chemicals. Without the irritation, bacteria cannot find a place to grow, and the absence of bacteria reduces both bad breath and gingivitis.
Ingredients for basic Golden Milk - Hot Almond milk, turmeric and raw honey
Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric
1/2 - 1 tsp of honey
Stir until both ingredients have dissolved. At this point also add the ginger, cinnamon and Betaine.