Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hibiscus Chia drink

Today I made a raw chia hibiscus drink, after purchasing some from the food co-op that was just delicious.  Dr. Casar did a video about the drink, and it happen to be the same drink, so after previously purchasing all the ingredients I needed, I made some. And it was delicious:) Even my little helper liked it!



My little niece is a child after my own heart when it comes to food.  She pics out all my veggies and salad when I have my lunch, and sips away at my breakfast shake, and chooses my raw sprouted nuts and seeds over the roasted ones!  She even liked my hibiscus chia drink, which I honestly thought she might not. Surprisingly enough she even loves my green smoothies, and tastes it all fearlessly.

After breakfast we made some hibiscus chia drink.
 I put around 2 tsp of hibiscus flowers in purified water, and kept it refrigerated over night. The result was a gorgeous burgundy red color!  The taste was a citrousy flowery flavor...not very sweet but pleasant. To make a sweet drink you can add some raw agave, and use half of carbonated mineral water.  I made some of that first, but the main thing I wanted to make was the chia drink below.
 Raw organic chia seeds from EarthShift

 Finished product:)  After letting the chia seeds soak for more than 15 minutes it's ready to consume.  They form a lil gel around each seed. One of my lil helpers snuck in the pic.  It looks just like the store bought product of the bottle I used. They had a hibiscus/passion flavor one that was really yummy, and the cherry lime one was good too.
 Then from my little helper's little status point of view he took a pic of my testing the final product...I approve! delish!
 My niece approved too...so it's gotta be good;)
 She then wanted a snack so I gave her some toasted sunflower seeds in the blue container. I then took out my sprouted raw sunflower seeds in the glass bowl and snacked with her....but she wanted mine instead and left the toasted ones!
 She had no problem offering the others to her big brother though.