Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eco utensils

On my journey to more eco living, I decided to pick up a more "green option" for my utensils, and to upgrade the cutting board I have been using (which was made of plastic)

The items I purchased were both made of Bamboo.
The first was a Bamboo Utensil Set...I had actually been looking for a small wooden spoon! And this was even better.  Recently I have been using the chopsticks a lot with my raw pastas...and loving it:)  This set is actually a To-Go ware set, that comes in a holder made out of recycled material, and also has a clasp to attach it to something on the go. 

The next item is a bamboo cutting and serving board.  Apart from being beautiful, it's durable, and doesn't stain or absorb odors. Its simple care instructions include wiping down with soap and water, drying and for preserving to wipe it down with oil ( I used coconut oil...makes it smell great too:)