Saturday, October 26, 2013

Garden harvest & update 10/25/13

 10/25/13 - today's harvest...dino kale, red Russian kale, Curled Scotch kale
 10/25/13 - not a whole lot to do today...took out all those now dead flowers, the 2 sweet pepper plants and the habanero plant. I forgot to take an after shot! I also cleared up all the dirt...so all that's left are the 3 kale piles, which shall go once they die out...until them I shall enjoy them to the bitter (cold) end.
 10/25/13 - I should have picked all the green chillies! All shriveled and unsalvageable now...but not a problem, harvested plenty:)
 10/25/13 - Curled Scotch kale still beautiful as ever:) I mean that literally...frost killed any bugs around it
 10/25/13 - Red Russian kale also doing great...just lacking moisture! Haven't been by in awhile, and no recent rain
 10/25/13 - spiders I bid you adieu! 
10/25/13 - and shall not miss you! If I've learned anything from my garden it was that if there's a dark place to hide ASSUME there is a spider there...because there probably is