Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lentil Pumpkin soup


Ingredients
  • 2 cups sprouted lentils
  • 1 large red onion
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1 large sweet potato
  • 8 cups of vegetable broth (low sodium)
  • cayenne
  • garlic
  • ginger
  • dried sweet basil 
  • 1 can pure 100% pumpkin puree
  • Himalayan salt
Recipe
I used a slow cooker and a stove for this soup.  I planned to only use a slow cooker but it wasn't ready in time. I chopped up all ingredients and put it all in the slow cooker pot and set it on high for 3hrs.  I then poured the contents into a large soup pot and simmered for about 15 minutes until veggies were tender enough. Then heat stir in the can of pumpkin until all warm.
The first night I ate the soup whole and chunky.  Then the next day I heated the soup and blended it into a very fluffy bisque. Both delicious, and super nutritious:)

 All Ingredients
Chop up and combine all ingredients in slow cooker on high for 3 hrs...
then 20 more minutes simmered on the stove until vegetables are at desired tenderness 
Soup with added pumpkin puree
Soup blended into a light bisque