Sunday, July 31, 2011

Konjac w/ Raw Marinara Sauce

Konjac Noodles with Raw Marinara Sauce

I followed this recipe for the sauce
It was absolutely delicious!

 Raw Marinara Sauce Ingredients 
  • 3 medium organic tomatoes
  • About 7 slices of organic sun dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
  • Oregano
  • Sweet Basil
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Himalayan salt
  • 1 serving package of konjac noodles
  • 1 food processor


Marinara Sauce Recipe
  • Chop up all ingredients and add to food processor
  • My food processor is quite small so I first blended the fresh tomatoes, then took half out and added the bell peppers-blended, then added the sun dried tomatoes-blended then added the spices and olive oil with garlic and blended.
  • I then pulse blended the ingredients until it was the consistency I wanted.
  • I then poured in the remaining tomatoes and pulse blended briefly again.

 Rinse the Konjac noodles well
They are Sugar Free, Fat Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free and Calorie Free (36% Fiber and 20% Calcium)
 All ingredients (plus extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 tsp of grated garlic)
 Chop up the tomatoes and red pepper
 Blend all ingredients...or as I did due to the size of my food processor...blend tomatoes
 After removing half the tomatoes for more room, I blending the red peppers then added in the organic sun dried tomatoes that were packaged in extra virgin olive oil
 Add all the spices- sweet basil, Oregano and Himalayan salt
 And your marinara sauce is complete!
 Serve your rinsed konjac noodles onto a plate
 Top it with the marinara sauce...
Mix and eat! It was delicious! I could smell how yummy it was once I blended in all the herbs.  The konjac noodles are definitely something new to me...they have no taste of their own, pretty much a texture and base to eat the sauce with (but pack such a nutritious punch with fiber and zero calories). They have a rubbery, el dente pasta texture to them.  You can read my blog about the Konjac posted yesterday for more information on them.  

This is definitely a meal I will make over and over again, experimenting with added ingredients such as mushrooms, avocado, lemon juice, more spices etc.  I also look forward to trying it with cucumber or zucchini pasta.