Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Green Smoothie

My 1st Green Smoothie

Being my first green smoothie, I wanted to make it taste really yummy, so I added more colorful fruit than you may usually choose to in a green smoothie.  It turned out a very dark green because of the very dark pigmented fruit I added like the cherries and purple leafy baby Romaine lettuce...and I found it was surprisingly very delicious!It helps (taste and nutrition wise) to use Fresh Organic Ripe fruits and Veggies. The FOUR key elements to remember in raw food smoothie is to have the ingredients be Fresh Organic Uncooked and Ripe.

Ingredients
Handful of baby Spinach
Handful of baby Romaine lettuce
2 inches of organic cucumber
1 frozen organic banana
7 organic cherries
Slice of watermelon
½ avocado
¼ tsp Himalayan crystallized salt
1¼ cup fresh home made raw almond milk

 Recipe
Just add all ingredients and blend
I blended up some ice separately and added it in the end to chill it


I kept this smoothie fairly simple as far as powders go (I didn't add any), however some ingredients I would like to add the next time I make it would include
1 Tablespoon of fresh ground golden flax seeds
1 Teaspoon of maca powder
1 Tablespoon of hemp powder 

 Ingredients- organic baby lettuce, organic baby romaine, half an avocado, about 2 inches of cucumber chopped up, a little over a cup of almond milk (raw home made) 7 organic cherries, 1 frozen organic banana, and some watermelon and a pinch of Himalayan crystallized salt (the fruit added plenty of sweetness so I didn't need any additional sweeteners...but you can always add some clear raw agave nectar or raw honey and still keep it raw and super healthy)
Add all ingredients- Fruit at the bottom then layer it in...the fruit and more firm veggies blended well first, then i pushed down the romaine and baby spinach to aid it to mix up well
 It gave me 2 tall glasses of Green juice
It was delicious and refreshing!