Do you know there are lots of options when it comes to essential oils, but do you know why essential oils are so popular in the first place?
Essential oils are concentrated hydrophobic mixtures that are made from plant compounds. Now don’t be intimidated by the word “hydrophobic”. The word only means that the plant compounds in essential oils have been separated from any water that it was originally found with.
The versatility and health benefits of essential oils are its most appealing characteristics. Whether you take the oils in a supplement, cook with them, put them in tea, or use them topically, essential oils will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The power of Essential oils are often associated with a human’s chakra, which is a complex 7 part spiritual system in your body. The belief that a well-balanced chakra leads to a healthy fruitful life is a practice used in ancient and modern day Hinduism, Buddhism and now, internationally through different yoga cultures.
Where to Use Your Essential Oils
1. Patchouli OilThis perennial plant is in the same family as lavendar, mint, and sage. It has a rich, earthy smell that is sometimes even used in perfumes and other fragrances!
Patchouli oil, when used topically, can help alleviate inflammation, as well as mild breakouts, rashes, eczema or dry skin.
According to chakra, patchouli oil will help you feel grounded and stable by relieving anxiety and insomnia. This component of the chakra is the “root”, which lies in your lower back and tailbone area.
2. Ylang YlangThis plant has been proven to act as an aphrodisiac, which can enhance your libido and reproductive powers!
In chakra, these characteristics are spiritually located within your abdomen and are responsible for creativity and sexuality – using ylang ylang is thought to help enhance these elements.
3. Cinnamon OilNot just a tasty herb for French toast! Cinnamon oil is used all over the world to boost brain strength, memory, and other cognitive functions.
In chakra, using cinnamon on your upper abdomen is thought to boost confidence and trigger higher self-esteem.
4. Rose OilExtracted from one of the most beautiful flowers in the world, rose oil has been known to act as an antidepressant, laxative, antiseptic, antiviral, and aphrodisiac.
The beliefs of chakra suggest that rose oil is directly connected to romance and thus, when used topically over the heart, it has the ability to strengthen romantic relationships.
5. Eucalyptus OilIt is often used to soothe the pain of coughs and sore throats due to its potent anti-inflammatory properties.
It is believed to be most effective when applied topically on the throat or taken orally with tea. Chakra believes that the throat is an element for self-expression and that Eucalyptus oil will strengthen its abilities.
6. Lavender OilWhen rubbed on your forehead, lavender oil can help ease migraine pain and create a stronger gateway to your intuition. Lavender also has a calming effect on the mind, allowing us to become in touch with your spiritual knowledge.
7. FrankincenseUsed as a diuretic, sedative, astringent, and antiseptic, frankincense is one of the most potent and versatile oils. This oil promotes healthy cell regeneration and is thus used to help your body’s natural healing processes. It also improves your hair and gum strength.
It is also believed this oil will bring you mental peace and clarity. It is often applied on the top of the head during a calming bath or shower.