Sunday, November 21, 2021

11-Day Water Only Fast - Day 3

 
Working Out While Water Fasting - Good Or Bad Idea?
You’re gonna want to start working out while fasting after watching this!

Day three was great! My energy began to return, and I felt pretty amazing. I went for a 1.30 mile walk with my pup, and another 4.65 mile walk on my own at a faster pace. With all my healthy eating and more activity since the beginning of the month my resting heart rate dropped from 64 to 49, so my heart isn’t working so hard at rest, which is awesome, however it takes a lot to get my heart read up to the fat-burning zone when walking. But I’m not too worried about that because I don’t want to push myself too hard and want to focus on healing, just need to stay active to maintain my muscle mass. 

I slept really great on day three. Went to bed early again at 9am, and got about 10 hrs of asleep again, which seems to be my fasting days trend so far while at home.

For all my days fasting, this time I decided to stick with just plain flat water. I will include a green or herbal tea once in a while, but very rarely. In my previous fasts I included a lot of carbonated water but found out that it’s not the best for the stomach, something to do with acid. Regardless, it’s way too cold for that anyway! I picked the coldest week all fall to start my fast…just like my first one in April. Side note, when you’re on a water fast your body gets freakishly cold all the time, and it's extremely hard to warm up! I bundled up so much during my walks and still my fingers were constantly icicles. My heating pad became my best friend during the process, along with my portable infrared sauna, which I hopped in more days than not on the fast. As mentioned, I do want to Incorporate a little bit of green tea, it’s a great way to get some beneficial stuff in your body, but I want to stay true to the plain water fasting as much as possible. So far, I have had a total of 2 weak cups of green tea, before I decided I’ll stick to my preferred warm water. Yes, always warm, or hot water! Another source of heat and needed to stay hydrated though out the day.

All in all, day three was a smashing success, and I feel great:)

My weight this morning was 124.1 lbs and 28.1% body fat.