Tuesday, November 30, 2021

11-Day Water Only fast - 1st day of re-feed

 

As mentioned, I hardly slept at all, but was ready to get the day going! An exciting day of liquids other than warm water! My taste-buds couldn't wait. At 8am I headed to the store for some fresh produce. I bought some large carrots, collards, red bell peppers, cucumbers, hen a red onion and green onions for later in the day, and a coconut water for sipping on through the week.

I juiced 3 carrots, 1 medium cucumber, 1/2 red bell pepper, and 5 collard green leaves. It was amazing!! I had the juice at around 9:30am. It made about 16 oz.



Then at 12pm I took the left over soup I made last night and added equal parts of water to make it last longer. It was just ad delicious! Warm with a beautiful subtle flavor. I never would have predicted it,but apple cider vinegar really enhances it! 

I waited an hour and a half and had another bowl of it at 1:30pm. I enhanced it with some dried basil and garlic and herb dash seasoning. 

about 2 hours later I saw a super ripe banana that called my name and I couldn't resist! It's on my schedule to introduce fruits tomorrow, but couldn't help myself! It was the sweetest, tastiest banana I've ever had! Flavors I've never tasted before came out and I thoroughly enjoyed each cut up round with three savoring bites! No regrets!

Then for dinner I made a blended cabbage soup. 

I sauteed some cabbage, red onion, and carrots in water with one anise star, some garlic and ginger. Then after they sweat for a while I dusted it with some onion and garlic powder and tiny bit of garlic and herbs dash seasoning. I then added veggie broth until it came to a boil. I let it simmer for a little bit, then blended it all up! I sprinkled some green onion tops on top, and later added some fresh peas too so I chew and take my time devouring this incredibly warming soup. It was amazing! Two bowls full were 220 calories and a lot of nutrients. I.3g of fat and 12g of protein!

The following days of my re-feed I had plenty of green juices, blended soups, cooked veggies, fruits, and then on to salad greens, and introduced sweet potatoes, beans, etc slowly within the week. Another successful water fast for the books!