Saturday, July 30, 2016

Garden Update & Harvest 7/28/16

With a new puppy I haven't had the time to do any garden clearing since my Binky arrived on 7/7/16! It's quite a jungle! All I can say is thank God for week cover! However my strawberry patch is quite weedy! With some random raspberries in there too from the neighboring plot.  I sure have my work cut out for me. I'll have to find a baby-sitter for my little Binky Boo and get to work on cleaning up my garden for several hours and days, soon.  
 7/28/16 - Swiss chard and kale doing amazing, looks like the zucchinis are coming to an end...which I don't mind I have so much zucchini at home now!
 7/28/16 - What a jungle! Since Binky arrived I haven't had the time to spend hours in my garden weeding and this happens! Never have I had so much grow in front of my path. Going to need to rethink next years garden plan
I really need to clear the lettuce...but there is still so much good produce there!
 7/28/16 - The tomatoes are just insane! Every year I prune them throughout the week, every week but this year things changed with new responsibilities so it's quite a jungle.
 7/28/16 - Red Russian kale, so few plants, such amazing produce:)
 7/28/16 - Mmm ripe tomato time!
 7/28/16 - Today's harvest - Red Russian kale, Curled Scotch kale, Swiss chard, strawberries, golden cherry tomatoes and Chocolate cherry tomatoes
 7/28/16 - Three massive zucchinis
 7/28/16 - Three massive zucchinis are so much bitter in person
 7/28/16 - I love how big the chocolate cherry tomatoes get! I couldn't get too in there to pick too many more with Binky at my belly...the tomato plants are poisonous to her if she chose to take a nip
7/28/16 - an oversized cucumber that I'll seed and add to the cucumber salad