Saturday, September 20, 2014

Post-Workout Smoothie

Ultimate Green Protein powder - The Ultimate Post-Workout Smoothie
 Today marks my one month anniversary since I joined a gym. Haven't missed a day of working out! It's been wonderful, and I've noticed such a great improvement in my energy and vitality.  I do a session of cardio for an hour each day with weights every other day.  My focus is to build strength, and tone my body.  

I'm well aware of the importance of protein consumption after working the muscles. It's important to feed the muscles within the first thirty minutes after a workout with a healthy clean source of protein.  This brought me to search for the best source available. 

I had a few points my source needed to include. I wanted an all plant base, vegan source, that was USDA certified organic that included superfoods for an extra boost.  It also needs to be dairy free, soy free, gluten free and egg gree.  I also wanted it to be something simple that I could have within a half house after working out.  Since I love smoothies so much, it made sense to find a green protein powder. 

Enter in the perfect product for my post-workout, the Ultimate Green Protein powder from Earth Shift Products.  Not only is it organic, and an all plant-based product, but it includes superfoods that holds a perfect balance of green nutrients that help to mineralize and alkalize the body while providing substantial protein for musculloskeletal development and maintenance, just what I needed. Each serving gives me 16g of highly digestible protein! And only 2g of sugar. It's also a great source of Vitamin A and iron.

Each serving of Ultimate Green Protein powder offers a complete source of essential and non-essential amino acids. It also includes live bio-available enzymes, bio-available plant-based vitamins and minerals. It also provides essential chlorophyll, as it includes organic Chlorella and organic Spirulina (two superfoods I highly recommend and try to consume as often as possible).  It also qualitfies under all my "musts", as far as being soy free, dairy free, gluten free, egg free and vegan.


 I prepare my smoothy fairly simply.  I include one frozen banana, three fourth cup of frozen blueberries, strawberries, one school of green powder and enough almond milk to mix it all together.
  Ultimate Green Protein powder back label. For a more thorough explanation for all the amazing benefits of each ingredient please visit the ESP website here.
 The ingredients in each scoop of Ultimate Green Protein powder include:
Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic Hemp Protein, Organic Chlorella, Organic Spirulina, Organic Whole Leaf Stevia, Organic Wheat Grass Juice Powder, Organic Oat Grass Juice Powder, Organic Alfalfa Grass Juice Powder, Organic Barley Grass Juice Powder and Organic Kamut Grass Juice Powder.
 All ready to blend up...
The result is a very thick, very dark purple mixture.
 A great way to end an amazing workout session!