Ginger Fried Rice
1/4 cup peanut oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
1 red onion, minced
1 stalk celery
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 cups Shredded cabbage
4 cups day-old cooked rice
4 teaspoons alternative soy sauce (coconut aminos)
Dash of cayenne
Dash of pepper
- In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally. Add minced onion and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add 1 stalk of chopped up celery and shredded cabbage, and stir occasionally. Sprinkle the cayenne, pepper and mix well.
- Raise heat to medium and add rice. Sprinkle some animos over the rice. Cook, stirring well, until heated through. Season to taste with salt.
- Move rice mixture the the edges of the pan and crack eggs into the middle. Scramble eggs, then mix into rice.
- Top each with fresh cilantro. Additionally I added some fresh spinach, and topped with yum yum sauce. See recipe below.
heat oil, add in ginger and garlic...then onions and stir for a few minutes
Add in the celery
Add in the shredded cabbage and stir
Sprinkle on the cayenne pepper and black pepper,
Dump in rice and add the coconut amino (soy sauce alternative) over rice
Mix in well til rice is heated and evenly blended
move rice to corners of pan and add in 3 eggs
Scramble the eggs...then mix into the rice
Turn off heat and top with fresh cilantro
Serve and enjoy!
A delicious addition is to add fresh spinach, and drizzle with yum yum sauce (view post for recipe)
Mix in and enjoy!