Sunday, January 17, 2016

Crochet Booties 3 - Pitter Patter

View my items for sale here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnitasCraftShop
 This 3rd set of booties I combined the patterns for the last 2 pairs of booties I made, so the pattern might be a little confusing as I jotted notes as I went along, adjustments made in red.
I used a smaller hook to make sure they were smaller than the first pair I made with this yarn, intending for them to be for a new born, but the size looked closer to a 1 year old!
 I loved how the fur trim turned out. I couldn't find a recommended fur yarn so I used a yarn called Pipsqueek yarn. I can't imagine trying to crochet more than one row though, as the stitches are near impossible to find after the first row. But it worked out well because I only needed one row of double crochet to give it a good trim size.




Total time = 2 hours 10 minutes


·         5 mm crochet hook or H hook

·         Bernat Blanket Yarn Pitter Patter


Pattern:

Written Instructions (Make 2) - Design by Paula Daniele
ch 6.

Note: Place your marker into the 1st stitch you make on each round so you know where to join at the end of the round.

Rnd 1: 3 sc into 2nd ch from hk, 1 sc into each of next 3 ch sts, 5 sc in last ch st, working over yarn tail and on opp. side; 1 sc into each of next 3 unused loops, 2 sc into last unused loop, join with a sl st into 1st sc. (16 sts)

Rnd 2: 2 hdc into same sp as sl st, 2 hdc into each of next 2  sts, 1 hdc into each of next 3 sts, 2 hdc into each of next 5 sts, 1 hdc into each of next 3 sts, 2 hdc into each of next 2 sts, join with a sl st into 1st hdc. (26 sts)

Rnd 3: ch 1, 1 sc into BL of same sp as ch-1, 1 sc into BLs of each st around to the end, join with a sl st into 1st sc. (26 sts)

Rnd 4: ch 1, 1 sc into same sp as ch-1, 1 sc into each st around to the end, join with a sl st into 1st sc. (26 sts)

Rnd 5: ch 1, 1 sc into same sp as ch-1, 1 sc into each of next 10 sts, working into BLs only - dc2tog (5 times), 1 sc into each of next 5 sts, join with a sl st into 1st sc. (21 sts)

Rnd 6: ch 1, 1 sc into same sp as ch-1, 1 sc into each of next 7 sts, 9dctoggle , 5 sc  (19 around)

Rnd 7: from back middle 8 sc, 3 dc, 8 sc

Rnd 8: sc around (18 around)

Rnd 9: dc with pipsqueak white yarn