Thursday, November 12, 2015

Crochet Blanket 1

 My very first crochet project (not including little things I did in primary school that I can't really call). I was very pleased with how it turned out. The colors are beautiful, and in most photos don't do it justice. The top photo shows the blues in its truest form.
Stretched out it's quite holey and measures 60" by 56"
I used Bernat Blanket Yarn in Mallard Wood (blues/browns)  
The yarn is Super Bulky (6), very soft and warm. 
I used a 11.5mm crochet hook (P hook)
 it's not much smaller when not stretched out, but it gives it a much fuller look.

I bought 6 skeins of yarn and used up 4 of them on the blanket. 
Weight: Super Bulky (6)
Contents: 100% polyester
Skein Weight: 10.5 oz. / 300 g
Yardage: 258 yd. / 234 m



Pattern:

Slip knot and chain 72 (multiple of 6).
 
4th chain from hook place 2 double crochet stitch.
 
Skip a chain, 2 double crochet stitches and continue along foundation chain
 
Once you reach the end, 1 double crochet stitches in the last chain
Ch 3 and turn.



1dc in first chain, skip 1 ch, 2 dc and repeat (the 2 dc should be in between the “v” stitches front the first row).


In the top chain on the end, place 1 dc. ch 3 and turn.


When you run out of the first ball of yarn, tie the end of the 2nd ball together and continue crocheting… trim any ends that are sticking out.

Continue crocheting until 2nd, 3rd and 4th ball is used up… be sure to finish on the end.

Tie off end and weave in ends.



Total time of stitching = 8hrs and 50 minutes

Measurements 60” x 56”

Cost of project for me was $20.96 
(I was fortunate to get the yarn on sale for $5.24 each at Michael's! Originally $9.99)