Wednesday, November 4, 2015

15 things to stop doing to add ease to your life

15 Things You THINK Are Making You A Better Person (But Aren't)

We put so much pressure on ourselves to do, be, and have more, we exhaust ourselves to the point that we can't do much of anything. I realized this by reaching that point myself. So, rather than trying to just push myself harder, I decided to stop. Just stop. 

Dedicating yourself to anything for 40 days is a beautiful gift you can give yourself.

I cleared my coaching calendar, took no new clients, put speaking events on hold, and canceled meetings. I figured my best shot at finding balance would be to stop trying to achieve, for the sake of achieving, to hold onto some perceived sense of momentum, and look inward, to find the things that really, truly motivated me.
As a life coach and self-help author, I realized that my vocation of serving others actually requires me to serve myself first. Regardless of your profession, honoring your own needs is the first step towards being able to live well and be of service to others. 
 
Dedicating yourself to anything for 40 days is a beautiful gift you can give yourself. My 40-day practice had one mission: to become my own best friend. Now, four weeks into my six-week program, I feel better than I have in my entire life. I’ve learned how to truly listen to my inner guide, I’ve lost more than 15 pounds, and my mental clarity is spot on. I’ve eliminated sugar from my diet and started a regular yoga practice again.
 
My life has transformed, and the only thing that changed was my decision to give me what I need

Most of us are over-committed already. So, the thought of layering additional obligations on top of job, kids, and everything else can feel prohibitive. What worked for me was cutting out habits or self-imposed commitments that weren't working. That means anything that wasn't making me happier, healthier, or better.

Here are the 15 things I stopped doing to help me reach my newfound levels of personal freedom, self love, and health. What do you want to give up?

1. I’m no longer going to finish books that lose my interest. I trust I learned what I needed to learn.

2. I'm no longer going to feel guilty for leaving food on my plate. Instead, I'll listen to my body.

3. I'm no longer going to ignore my inner voice. I'll act on my intuitive urges.

4. I'm no longer going to listen to others’ opinions about my life. I'll do what feels right for me.

5. I am no longer going to worry about money. I'll always have everything I need, and I allow abundance to flow.

6. I'm no longer going to think my life is off track. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

7. I'm no longer going to perceive my flaws as negative qualities. My imperfections are what make me a gorgeous human.

8. I'm no longer going to deflect compliments. Instead, I'll drink in the kindness.

9. I'm no longer going to chastise myself for my mistakes. They are learning opportunities; I'll embrace them all.

10. I'm no longer going to obsess about how or when my dreams will happen. I'll allow myself to enjoy the journey even more than the destination.

11. I'm no longer going to compare myself to other people. We are all on our own unique journeys.

12. I'm no longer going to apologize for saying what I feel is right. My voice and point of view matters.

13. I'm no longer going to force myself to do anything I don’t want to.

14. I'm no longer going to give more faith to my fear. Instead, I'll choose love.

15. I'm no longer going to put others first. To love yourself is not to be selfish. If the inside is nurtured, the outside will flourish.