- Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp ginger powder (or fresh...press the juice in a garlic press)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp pepper (piperine in black pepper maximizes the benefits of turmeric and helps our body absorb it better)
- 1/4 tsp Betaine (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan heat almond milk over medium heat with all ingredients.
- Stir until all is dissolved.
- Stir well and drink slowly while hot
I included ingredients that not only make this tea taste absolutely delicious, but every ingredient is chosen to maximize nutrients and absorption, and to help detoxify and rid the body of inflammation.
Turmeric is a powerful liver and body cleanser. Turmeric is also a very effective anti-inflammatory. Studies like this and this show turmeric is more effective at providing anti-inflammatory relief than taking NSAID’s and other drugs.
Turmeric combined with ginger doubles the anti-inflammatory results. Ginger also works wonders for headaches, joint pain, and arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis. Ginger is a very effective digestive aid.
Sources agree that piperine in black pepper maximizes the benefits of turmeric and helps our body absorb it better.
Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory properties.
The fats in the coconut oil help enhance turmeric nutrient absorption. These medium chain fatty acids also get used immediately as energy for your body and aren’t easily stored as fat. These extremely healthy and beneficial fats also keep you full longer and actually protect against heart disease and cardiovascular disease.
Raw honey is rich in enzymes, vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants and helps promote digestive health.