Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Organic Gardening

This spring and summer I plan to do a whole lot more blog topics addressing organic gardening. As mentioned in several recent blogs, I will be starting my fist vegetable garden this spring.  This is a very new topic for me!  I am both nervous, and extremely excited about it. My garden plot (at our community garden) is 20 feet by 20 feet.  I'm sure I will have plenty of trials and tribulations, successes and road bumps. But at the end of the day, I will learn plenty to have an even more successful garden next spring...and there after etc. One thing I did learn was what to plant early in the season, in doors...something I will need to start doing earlier next spring.

To get prepared, I looked up some sources for heirloom seeds. My garden will be 100% organic (as the entire community garden is...thankfully) and my section will contain 100% heirloom seeds. You can view tomorrows blog to learn what heirloom seeds are. 

The image below is a collage of the various heirloom veggie seeds that I purchased, along with a collage on the flowers and herbs below it:)
 My Heirloom Veggie seeds
 My Heirloom flower and herb seeds
I have purchased my seeds from these 4 sources:
http://ohioheirloomseeds.com