Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cleanse Smoothie


For the first 4 days of the year my diet on the full body cleanse only consisted of fresh fruits and raw vegetables.  Because of this I needed to alter my smoothie because I couldn't have nuts, so my almond milk needed to be eliminated. So I substituted that with water.  Below is the smoothie I had each morning.  After day 5 I added in the whey protein due to the amount of exercise I added to my routine, I needed the addition for my muscles to recover. 






Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries (sometimes 1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (sometimes 1/3 cup)
  • 1 frozen banana (made fitting it all a challenge depending on the size)
  • 1/2 teaspoon spirulina 
  • 1 teaspoon maca powder
  • 1 tsp MSM powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon deer antler powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon Resveratrol
  • 5 drops Fulvic Acid
  • 10 drops Grapefruit seed extract
  • water
Note-these are all ingredients I have included in my smoothies for well over 9 months. A new addition is the prunes, and daily spirulina (which isn't very yummy...but Very superior health wise and I personally only notice the taste in the first 2 sips...after that it's delicious:)

Recipe

Because of the lack of space using the magic bullet (after the tragic death of my other larger BPA free blender) I do struggle filling all these ingredients in, but always make it work.  To assure proper blending it took me a few days of trials.  I now add a little water to the bottom, then add the frozen blueberries, strawberries, powders and blend.  It doesn't blend much at this point, but gets things started. I then add a little bit more water and throw in the 2 prunes that I chop up small (they tend to remain about the size I chop them manually...and that's the best part of it, the little bits of sweet prune to chew while having my smoothie.  Along with the prunes I then add the grape seed extract and fulvic acid and blend once more. Lastly I chop up the frozen banana and add it and blend until nice and smooth.

Note: My "usual" smoothie that I have made the past many months not only included almond milk, but I also included about a cup of ice too, which made it more of a creamy slushy, that ended up being a good 32 ounces at times! In spite of it including less fruit (minus half a banana and 2 prunes) it did have more liquid altogether.  So this smaller 16 ounce magic bullet cup actually gives me a higher calorie smoothie. 

All Ingredients- above and below

Berries and powders 
 I add a little bit of water at the bottom to assure powder doesn't stick to the bottom when i flip it over to blend
  Blend
 Lastly I add in the frozen banana
 And end up with a sweet creamy smoothie!