Monday, August 1, 2011

Raw Marinara Sauce w/ Cucumber Pasta


Using the last meal's marinara sauce (which was for lunch), I added a few new ingredients and tried a different source for the noodles.

With the sauce already prepared (look at yesterday's blog) I added about 3 good sized mushrooms chopped up nice and small, then used a food processor grater to make the cucumber.  I made 2 mistakes!  Firstly, I forgot to take out the blade inside the food processor (since I only needed the grater at the top), secondly I should have chosen the larger grater (I used the smallest one).  This resulted in a lot of juice to come out (as cucumbers are mostly made of water) and not much bite to it.  Regardless it was delicious!

 I just mixed in the mushrooms to the chilled sauce
 I had to cut a sliver off the side so the cucumber could fit
 It wasn't until I was done that I realized the blade inside was still in! so it got pretty fine and a lil' juicy
 But I didn't want to waste any of the nutrients so I dumped it all on!
The last coin size cucumber piece was left from the grater and I just sliced up the piece I had to cut off to fit it in the grater, and stuck it on top for a garnish

This sauce instantly became a favorite of mine, but next time I will definitely use a Julian peeler and make more bite size long noodles with zucchini 
I could only finish half of it, so finished the rest off the next day~