Sunday, August 7, 2011

Raw Marinara Sauce w/ Kelp noodles

This is an upgraded version of the first time I made this raw marinara sauce.   When I made it again and added a few other ingredients, I found it to be 10 times more delicious!


Raw Marinara Sauce Ingredients 
  • 3 medium organic tomatoes
  • About 7 slices of organic sun dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
  • 1/4 Red bell pepper
  • 5 dates
  • 1 avocado (optional...adds creaminess)
  • Fresh Sweet Basil
  • Fresh Oregano
  • Fresh Cilantro 
  • drizzle of oil from sun dried tomatoes (extra virgin olive oil)
  • 1/2 tsp of garlic paste
  • 1/2 tsp of ginger paste
  • 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt 
  • dash of pepper
  • 1 serving of Kelp Noodles with Organic Green Tea noodles
  • 1 food processor


Marinara Sauce Recipe
  • Chop up all ingredients and add to food processor
  • My food processor is quite small so I first blended the fresh tomatoes with the pepper and salt, then took half out and added the bell peppers-blended, then added the sun dried tomatoes and dates-blended then added the fresh herbs and olive oil with garlic and blended. Lastly I put in the avocado (it wasn't my original plan to include an avocado but I accidentally pealed one to use for it as I was recreating this for my blog so decided to try it with avocado.  It made it a more creamy sauce...but I liked it both ways (with or without).

 Ingredients- additionally added from first recipe- dates, fresh herbs (as opposed to dried), cilantro and avocado (optional for a creamier sauce)
 Blended all ingredients
Add avocado optionally for a more creamy sauce

Your sauce is done!
 This recipe made 3 servings for me

 Kelp noodles (made of a sea vegetable) should be rinsed before eating. I recommend soaking them! They have a bit of a crunch to the center before soaking. I ate my first serving this way. Then the left overs were mixed in the sauce to the noodles softened up (much more pleasant to eat (for me).  They do recommend storing them in the fridge in water after opening.
A Raw Food Made with Mineral-Rich Sea Kelp Low in Carbs and Calories (5 cals per serving) Gluten and Fat Free, Ready to Eat and a Neutral Taste(great for flavorful sauces)

Also Great with Raw Zucchini (my favorite)
I usually make it without avocado, as below