Sunday, September 4, 2016

Binky's food update - What I feed my puppy

Her schedule now goes something like this:

6:30am - 1/2 wafer vitamin (NuVet Plus K-9 Wafers) 

7:00am-8:00am - Breakfast - Usually cooked chicken with either peas, zucchini and or carrots with (Complete Probiotics for Pets), Krill Oil Liquid Pump for Pets and Digestive Enzymes.
I also add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil to her toothbrush that she chews at grooming time. Occasionally some tiny bits of raw meats like organic steak, Deer or chicken, but she almost always prefers the cooked chicken

12:00pm-1:00pm - Lunch -  My initial plan was to feed Binky ZiwiPeak for lunch, but after the first can of 12, she completely turned her nose up to it, no matter what I add to it to make it more appealing.  I often give her bits of my food, since they usually include raw cucumber, lettuce, sweet potato and other foods that are very healthy for her, as I've always done, and she has come to look forward to. I try alter her lunch with different meats, usually chicken, because she always will eat it, but try to alternate it with steak and deer. I always make sure to add veggies, such as carrots, cucumber, zucchini and peas. She snacks on dehydrated sweet potatoes that I use for training. I also give her some Berry and Liver treats for training. She does absolutely love those two.

I give her this once a week for a general detox, or more often depending on what she's going through health-wise -  Liver and Kidney Support for Pets




5:00pm-6:00pm - Dinner - I usually feed her a meal similar to her lunch, or alternate a meat. If I have a new can of food opened I will try to give it to her, but it's usually a hit or miss with her, and I got back to her favorites like little pieces of frozen peas, zucchini, cooked carrots and chicken. To make sure she is digesting everything well I include enzymes in her dinner as well. I will also give her some of my dinner if it's natural and safe for her, such as cooked veggies or veggies from my salad. 
As mentioned in my Supplement blog, I also include Curcumin for Pets and Organic Mushroom Complex for Pets occasionally. She ate both just fine in a small amount of chicken.
 

Snacks - Unlike my first food blog on Binky, she no longer has to wait for me behind a gate while I cook. She now has access to the kitchen and just lays by my feet while I cook. She's a very clingy dog, and I love her to bits. While cooking I will give her tiny bits of what I'm cooking if she sits up and looks like she could use a treat and if they're veggies, and she will either eat them up or chew on them and leave them them laying on the floor somewhere. She's not a fast eater for even the tiniest pieces, so it keeps her occupied and happy while I'm busy cooking. I bought many different bags of treats for her, but at this time my favorite treats for her is one called Liver and Berry Bites. From the Mercola site. I truly trust their products because they focus on clean healthy and high quality products, always worth the high cost.


Liver and Berry Bites provide this vital, top-quality protein dogs require, along with beneficial antioxidants from organic berries.
Liver and Berry Bites are a stand-out treat because they:

  • Contain 100% pure, free-range, grass-fed beef liverwhat I consider the most premium meat available
  • Include organic pomegranates, blueberries, and raspberries with high levels of antioxidants
  • Are hand made in the United States (with all ingredients sourced in the US)
  • Contain only high-quality USDA inspected meat
  • Include NO rendered by-products or unidentified meats of any kind
She also still loves her dehydrated sweet potatoes, that I continue to use for training and small snacks through the day. She also snacks on her NutriSource kibble. 

Her kibble, that is left out for free feeding. She eats small amounts through the day. $47.99 NutriSource Small & Medium Breed Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag 


Used for training and a healthy treat between meals. $18.97  Liver and Berry Bites: 1 box


Wet food I have gotten for Binky. She usually likes it the first time I give it to her, but then after a few times completely rejects it over fresh food like cooked chicken, steak and veggies!
$51.88  ZiwiPeak Daily-Dog Beef Cuisine Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12 
$2.34 Evanger's Signature Series Turkey Stew Wet Dog Food, 12 Oz