Thursday, March 27, 2014

Best Frozen Veggie Burger




Are You Buying The Healthiest Frozen Veggie Burger?

Hilary's Burgers

I have a confession to make: I’ve been visiting the frozen section of Whole Foods more often lately. I would have NEVER, mark my words, found this new product on my own. I usually grab frozen fruits, veggies and ezekiel bread and I’m out of there, not giving a second look to all the pre-made foods available. My thoughts about the freezer section at the grocery store have now been changed forever thanks to Hilary’s Eat Well - The healthiest frozen store-bought veggie burger currently on the market. 
 
The Ingredients
Below is the full list of ingredients for all the Hilary’s Eat Well burger varieties. As you can see, every ingredient is Food Babe approved. The ladies at Hilary’s Eat Well were already fans of Food Babe before they sent their burgers to me to review, so they knew that I was not going to be an easy critic when it came to the ingredients! Hilary’s Eat Well ingredients speak for themselves, but were their frozen hockey pucks going to taste good? I was skeptical at first. Sorry to call them hockey pucks, but let’s be honest, that’s what frozen veggie burgers look like straight out of the package, right?!
Hilarys Eat Well
These burgers went fast in my house – the entire Food Babe team loved them. They were so good, that I continue to buy them on my own and get frustrated when they are out of stock. One of the problems that I have found with various frozen veggie burgers, is the texture. Hilary’s got the texture of their burgers perfect, with nice bites of bigger pieces of vegetables and grains. The ingredients were not all mushed up into a patty, if you know what I mean. 

My favorite way to prepare them is baked in the oven, then garnished with sprouts, avocado and tomato. You can also put the burgers in the toaster, which makes them a great item to leave in the house for loved ones who are slightly food-preparation-challenged, or for kids. I also love that the microwave is “not recommended” for this product. (Just another reason to throw out your microwave, right?)

Out of all the flavors I tried, Adzuki Bean, Hemp & Greens, and the Original Veggie – Adzuki Bean is my favorite, with Hemp & Greens as a close second. They also have a new “Root Veggie Burger” that has an abundance of yummy root vegetables. I tried a bite of this at the Natural Product’s  Expo East show, and it is fantastic too. I have yet to see the “Root Veggie Burgers” in stores, but when I do, I’ll definitely be taste testing them more with all my favorite toppings.
new-root-veggie-burger_0
Hilary’s Eat Well created a spin off product called “Original Veggie Bites” too. These little bites of goodness are dynamite and are actually perfectly sized for children. They are full of the superfood quinoa, and other nutritious ingredients like coconut oil. They toast up to be golden brown and are like the healthiest form of tater tots you could ever buy. They are also really really good dipped in organic ketchup! Hilary’s Eat Well is so skilled at making these bites perfectly crispy on all sides.
Original Veggie Bites
Before I go, I just have to mention the care and attention this company gives to to their suppliers who source their high quality ingredients, as well as for their support for GMO Labeling. Not only is this company feeding the world the healthiest store-bought veggie burger, they are also going the extra mile as an advocate to safeguard the food supply. 

Where To Find Hilary’s Eat Well & Giveaway
You can order Hilary’s Eat Well online or use the website to find a store near you. They are also offering a YEAR SUPPLY of burgers to a lucky reader. All you have to do is enter to win on their facebook page here to get your chance.

We all know finding store-bought meals that are actually good for you and not full of additives is HARD to do. But we all experience those days where the last thing we want to do is cook. Knowing about this hidden gem will make your life easier, save you time and get your belly fed fast with the most nutritious foods on the planet when that type of day strikes again.

I’m so thankful for this company and the work they are doing.
If you’ve tried Hilary’s Eat Well before or plan on trying them, I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments below. Also, if you know someone who could use a little assistance in the frozen veggie burger department, please share this post with them.

Good Luck!
Food Babe

P.S. If you want to learn more about store-bought veggie burgers and the dangers lurking behind many of them, don’t miss my full investigation here.