Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Raw chocolate almondmilk

Raw Slushy Chocolate Almond Milk Drink

Ingredients
1 cup sweetened almond milk (I prefer unsweetened but noticed too late)
1 stem of mint leaves
1 bar of salted almond Taza stone ground & organic chocolate bar


 Recipe
Choped up the mint leaves and added it to the almond milk and blended.
Shaved the chocolate bar (yielded 1/3 cup of chocolate shavings)
Added a bunch of ice-cubes to tame down the sweetness and make it cold and slushy.
Blended until really smooth.

 This chocolate cost almost $5 but I really wanted to try it because it was stone ground...as a chocolate treat I didn't like it very much:( It wasn't smooth at all, very grainy and fell apart in my mouth like biting into compacted sugar...didn't like that texture along with the saltiness, so decided to make a drink out of it.
 Organic, it is also made with cane sugar...so my plan was to not add any more sweetener.
 It included 2 bars...I  used just one bar (minus a small chunk where I first tasted it)
 I shaved it using a teeny shaver
 It yielded about a 1/3 cup exactly of chocolate shavings
 I used fresh mint
 Chopped up the mint and added it to 1 cup of almond milk (unfortunately it wasn't unsweetened...but I realized this after blending the mint to taste test) It tasted amazing at that point! Vanilla mink sweetened almond milk. But after adding the chocolate it was just way too sweet.
 I add love and star power to all my smoothies and cold drinks:) I never use fridge made ice, I always make my own with my ion exchange filtered water that removes All dissolved particles from the water. 
 I added lots of ice to counteract the over-sweetness.
It wasn't my favorite at first taste, but after a few sips it was delicious:) I will definitely make this recipe again with raw plane cocoa powder and unsweetened almond milk. I will then add my own sweetener (either raw honey or stevia).